Thursday 10 October 2013

Full of suprises


 Good evening all

After receiving my new goodies from JB-Crafting supplies, Wath as part of the design team I found myself wanting to make something other than a card on this occasion.I love making flowers from paper/card so I was very inspired when I was given the Spellbinders poinsettia dies.



I already had a few papermache boxes in my possession so decided to make a gift box for this project.
I only used a couple of dies to jazz up my creation these were the poinsettia by spellbinders and the grand stately circles. I mounted  a snow flake pendant die cut from spellbinders too onto the circle.  .
I applied worn lipstick distress ink by Tim Holtz to the flowers and the box and then sprinkled glitter to all the flowers.I coloured the leaves again with a distress ink pine needles being the colour. Using cosmic shimmer white in colour I added a centre to the flower.Using a sakura pen I added a little detail to the sides which were  matted and layered (pink and cream) card creating the image of a sewing stitch.
My final step was embellishing around the edge of the box using the pink cosmic shimmer to add what seams to be a pearl. This project was time consuming making the flowers alone but it was certainly enjoyable to make. I hope you like
Luv
Dee
x

2 comments: