Tuesday 19 June 2012

Good morning all

My son reaches the grand age of 21 this week so I had a card to make I looked through my folders at the images toppers etc and just nothing jumped out and said make me so I reached to the internet for inspiration this is what I came up with. Yet again I used the 8 x 8 card blank, matting and layering  silver mirror card and a matt black card stock on top I printed a page from the internet which contained  written down music which I then distressed using Antique Linen and Dried Marigold from the Tim Holtz range of inks. When placing the music paper onto the matt black I found it was a little smaller than I wanted but rather than printing a larger version I adapted by cutting and leaving a channel so the black was showing through and added a length of ribbon with a knot to disguise which I think worked well. For the topper which was also found on the internet I got my  Letraset pro markers out to add some definition as the image that I had printed off was really faint, I distressed round the edges using the same distress inks as before, The drums I covered with glossy accents and also added glitter to the belt and wording to give the card a little bling, the final thing was a couple of grey pearls added to the corners. I hope you like and like me it encourages you to use the internet for inspiration, more so I hope my son likes.

Luv

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment